Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease Journal Club
- August 27, 2021 | Rainier Alvir
Nicotinamide Improves Aspects of Healthspan, but Not Lifespan, in Mice
- July 30, 2021 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D. and Razelle Alvir
Association of APOE ε4 genotype and lifestyle with cognitive function among Chinese adults aged 80 years and older: A cross-sectional study
- June 18, 2021 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Neurovascular Coupling and Oxygenation Are Decreased in Hippocampus Compared to Neocortex Because of Microvascular Differences
- May 28, 2021 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Article 1: Relationship Between Elevated Impulsivity and Cognitive Declines in Elderly Community‑dwelling Individuals
Article 2: Is the Montreal Cognitive Assessment (MoCA) Screening Superior to the Mini-Mental State Examination (MMSE) in the Detection of Mild Cognitive Impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) in the Elderly?
- April 30, 2021 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Generation of a Humanized Abeta Expressing Mouse Demonstrating Alzheimer’s Disease Like Pathology
- March 26, 2021 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D. and Hallie Morton
Molecular Characterization of Selectively Vulnerable Neurons in Alzheimer's Disease
- November 20, 2020 | Bhagavathi Ramasubramanian, Ph.D.
Autophagy Activation is Associated with Neuroprotection in Diabetes-associated Cognitive Decline
- October 30, 2020 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Mitophagy Alterations in Alzheimer’s Disease are Associated with Granular Vascular Degeneration and Early Tau Pathology
- August 28, 2020 | Tanisha Basu
Anticipating and Mitigating the Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Alzheimer's Disease and Related Dementias
Caloric Intake, Dietary Lifestyles, Macronutrient Composition, and Alzheimer's Disease Dementia
- August 7, 2020 | Bhagavathi Ramasubramanian, Ph.D.
Premature Synaptic Mitochondrial Dysfunction in the Hippocampus During Aging Contributes to Memory Loss
- March 2020 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Lifestyle and Alzheimer’s Disease: The Role of Environmental Factors in Disease Development
- February 26, 2020 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Mitophagy inhibits amyloid-β and tau pathology and reverses cognitive deficits in models of Alzheimer’s disease
- January 29, 2020 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Mitochondrial fission in Huntington's disease mouse striatum disrupts ER-mitochondria contacts leading to disturbances in Ca2+ efflux and Reactive Oxygen Species (ROS) homeostasis
- January 22, 2019 | Neha Sawant
GSK-3β-induced Tau pathology drives hippocampal neuronal cell death in Huntington’s disease: involvement of astrocyte–neuron interactions.
- December 17, 2018 | Kevin Bass
Somatic APP gene recombination in Alzheimer’s disease and normal neurons
- November 27, 2018 | Divya Burugu
Parahippocampal grus expression of endothelial and insulin receptor signaling pathway genes is modulated by Alzheimer’s disease and normalized by treatment with anti-diabetic agents.
- October 23, 2018 | Darryll Oliver
First-in-class cardiolipin-protective compound as a therapeutic agent to restore mitochondrial bioenergetics.
- September 25, 2018 | Murali Vijayan, Ph.D.
MicroRNA-1906, a Novel Regulator of Toll-Like Receptor 4, Ameliorates Ischemic Injury after Experimental Stroke in Mice.
- August 28, 2018 | Kevin Bass
Atg7 Modulates p53 Activity to Regulate Cell Cycle and Survival During Metabolic Stress.
- July 24, 2018 | Josh Willms
AMP-activated protein kinase mediates mitochondrial fission in response to energy stress.
- June 26, 2018 | N Bhagavathi Ramasubramanian, Ph.D.
Drp1/Fis1 interaction mediates mitochondrial dysfunction, bioenergetics failure and cognitive decline in Alzheimer’s disease.
- May 22, 2018 | C. Breann Williams
Actin, spectrin and associated proteins form a periodic cytoskeletal structure in axons.
- April 23, 2018 | Kandi Quesada
Caring for Parents with Alzheimer’s: A Resource and Guidebook.
- March 27, 2018 | Kevin Bass
Ab Secretin and Plaque Formation Depend on Autophagy.
- February 27, 2018 | Subodh Kumar, Ph.D.
MicroRNA-455 regulates brown adipogenesis via a novel HIF1an-AMPKPGC1a signaling network.
- November 28, 2017 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
PINK1 signaling rescues amyloid pathology and mitochondrial dysfunction in Alzheimer’s disease.
- October 24, 2017 | John Lawrence, Ph.D.
Silencing of solute carrier family 13 member 5 disrupts energy homeostasis and inhibits proliferation of human hepatocarcinoma cells.
- September 26, 2017 | John Lawrence, Ph.D.
Differential presynaptic ATP supply for basal and high-demand transmission.
- August 22, 2017 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Hypothalamic stem cells control aging speed partly through exosomal miRNA’s.
- July 25, 2017 | Jake S. Smith, Dr. Subodh Kumar, Dr. Murali Vijayan
Direct Conversion of Normal Alzheimer's Disease Human Fibroblasts into Neuronal Cells by Small Molecules.
- June 27, 2017 | Rui Wang, Ph.D.
Dopamine Neuronal Loss Contributes to Memory and Reward Dysfunction in a Model of Alzheimer's Disease.
- May 23, 2017 | P. Hemachandra Reddy, Ph.D.
Deletion of the Mammalian INDY Homolog Mimics Aspects of Dietary Restriction and Protects Against Adiposity and Insulin Resistance in Mice.
- April 25, 2017 | Maria Manczak, Ph.D.
Amyloid ß-peptides interfere with mitochondrial pre protein import competence by congregation process.
- March 28, 2017 | Murali Vijayan, Ph.D.
MicroRNA-103-1 Selectively Downregulates Brain NCX1 and its Inhibition by Anti-miRNA Ameliorates Stroke Damage and Neurological Deficits.
- February 28, 2017 | Chandra Sekhar Kuruva, Ph.D.
Determinants of amyloid fibril degradation by the PDZ protease HTRA1.
- January 24, 2017 | Jasvinder Bhatti, Ph.D.
Genetic Analysis of a New Mouse Model for Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes.
- December 20, 2016 | J.A. Pradeepkiran, Ph.D.
In Silico Modeling of Novel Drug Ligands for Treatment of Concussion Associated Taupathy.
- November 12, 2016 | Rui Wang, Ph.D.
Dysfunction of Somatostatin-Positive Interneurons Associated with Memory Deficits in an Alzheimer's Disease Model.
- October 25, 2016 | Chandra Sekhar Kuruva, Ph.D.
Tau-Derived Hexapeptide 306VQIVYK311 Aggregation Inhibitors: Nitrocatechol Moiety as A Pharmacoperone in Drug Design.
- September 27, 2016 | Jasvinder Bhatti, Ph.D.
Time Restricted Feeding Is a Preventative and Therapeutic Intervention.
- August 30, 2016 | Linda Yin
Meta-Analysis of Peripheral Blood Apolipoprotein E Levels in Alzheimer’s Disease.
- July 26, 2016 | Ramesh Kandimalla, Ph.D.
Silencing of CDK5 Reduces Neurofibrillary Tangles in Transgenic Alzheimer’s Mice.
- June 28, 2016 | Subodh Kumar, Ph.D.
microRNA-33 Regulates ApoE Lipidation and Amyloid-β Metabolism in the Brain.
- May 31, 2016 | John Lawrence, Ph.D.
Accelerated aging of the GABAergic septohippocampal pathway and decreased hippocampal rhythms in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- April 26, 2016 | Murali Vijayan, Ph.D.
Selective astrocytic endothelin-1 overexpression contributes to dementia associated ischemic stroke by exaggerating astrocyte-derived amyloid secretion.
- March 29, 2016 | Rui Wang, Ph.D.
Aβ induces astrocytic glutamate release, extrasynaptic NMDA receptor activation, and synaptic loss.
- February 23, 2016 | Chandra Sekhar Kuruva, Ph.D.
Multi-target Drug Discovery for Alzheimer’s Disease: Triazinones as BACE-1 and GSK-3b Inhibitors.
- January 26, 2016 | Subodh Kumar, Ph.D.
Genome-Wide Serum microRNA Expression Profiling Identifies Serum Biomarkers for Alzheimer’s Disease.