On behalf of the Department of Internal Medicine, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas, I invite you to become acquainted with our department. This web site describes the people, resources, facilities and communities associated with Internal Medicine.
Internal Medicine strongly supports each of the three missions of the School of Medicine education, research and patient care. We welcome you to further explore our website or contact us directly for more information regarding our department.
We are the foundation of healthcare striving to improve health and well-being through excellence in patient care, education and research.
- Patient care: To provide high quality, comprehensive, personalized, and humanistic medical care with integrity and compassion guided by best evidence.
- Education: To educate and inspire the next generation of physicians who will prevent disease when possible, manage chronic conditions when necessary, and support patients and families always wherever their journeys may lead by prioritizing a culture of collaborative, evidence-based practice and role modeling emotional well-being.
- Research: To discover & disseminate evidence-based approaches to enable personalized, high-value care to improve the health of both individuals and the community.
- We embrace the university core values: One Team, Kindhearted, Integrity, Visionary, and Beyond Service—we aim to align with those values on a daily basis.
- We are making strides in healthcare: better clinical outcomes, improved patient experience, more affordable care, and better provider job satisfaction.
Scott Shurmur, MD
Department of Internal Medicine