Academic Event Center
Event services are currently operating under modified operations due to COVID19
The Academic Event Center is currently
- Please note TTUHSC has established guidance on use of campus spaces for classes, meetings and events to balance our pursuit of excellence with measures to reduce risk to wellness.
- January 2021 – March 2021 the AEC will be reserved for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- All events must adhere to the guidelines for COVID-19. Please also visit TTUHSC SAFE site for event information, physical distancing and mask requirements.
A New Home for Academic Events
The new Academic Events Center (AEC) offers Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) an attractive venue for academic and meeting needs. The customizable event area is available to students and TTUHSC employees for a variety of functions.
With 5,111 square feet of meeting space, the AEC provides the expanding campus community with meeting space and offers conference facilities including tables, chairs and cleanup.
Optional features include a stage, customizable airwalls and a security officer. A security officer is required for events serving alcohol and is charged at a rate of $110/hour.
Rates for Academic Event Center
½ Day (no more than 5 hours)
Full Day (more than 5 hours)
|Student||No charge||No charge|
|Internal||No charge||No charge|
|External, sponsored by TTUHSC||$2,000||$3,000|
- Rates will be evaluated on an annual basis and are subject to change
- If your event falls on a weekend or afterhours (after Mon-Fri 8am-5pm) there MAY be additional charges related to staffing
- Empty: 340 people
- Ballroom: 280 people (35 round tables with 8 chairs at each)
- Theater: 300 people
- Tables & chairs (no linens)
- Microphones, speakers and screens built-in (HDMI connection for your laptop)
- Ice & reverse osmosis water
- Small kitchen with freezer & refrigerator
- Please note that the building does not have TechLink capabilities
- Security Officer (required when serving alcohol) $110 an hour
- Stage, no charge
- Airwalls, no charge (The room can be split into three sections: 1/2, 1/4 & 1/4)
- All requests for the Academic Event Center, the University Center Lobby, and the University Center Third Floor Terrace should be submitted here.
- An email notification will confirm your request after it is approved
- To confirm your request has been submitted, check the "Check Availability" link below
- Date limitations on requests:
- minimum of 2 weeks
- maximum of 1 calendar year from today
- Check Availability*
- *January 2021 – March 2021 the AEC will be reserved for COVID-19 vaccine distribution
- Submit Request (If there is already an event scheduled for the same venue and same day please allow a minimum of 3 hours for teardown/setup for the next event.)
The purple visitor parking lot directly north and east of the Conference Center has about 60 spaces
If you have an event with more than 60 external guests that need parking (that do not already have a parking pass at TTUHSC) and the event will occur before 5pm during the week, please complete a special event parking request. Note that bus parking is in lot F3.
Special Event Parking Request (eRaider sign-in required): Not needed if event meets ONE of these three requrements:
- Has less than 60 guests (we have enough parking to accomodate this)
- Occurs after 5pm (parking is not an issue after the workday is over)
- Consists of all TTUHSC facutly/staff/students (these internal users already have parking and should park in their normally assigned lot before 5pm)
Booking Priorities/Example Events:
1. Academics and Research
Example: Interview Day for Schools, CME Conferences, Student Research Week
2. Service and Outreach
Example: Red Bag Tours
Example: HR Award Ceremony
4. Other TTUS Institutions (TTU/TTUHSCEP/TTUS/ASU)
Example: TTU System hosting a Health Care Panel with Elected Officials
5. Outside Parties
Example: American Heart Association (must be sponsored by a TTUHSC department)
Outside/3rd Parties please note O.P. 61.07
61.07, Use of TTUHSC Premises and Amplification Equipment
Outside individuals or groups who are not faculty, staff or a currently enrolled student may attend functions held on TTUHSC premises, and may use the Free Speech Areas designated below, but to be eligible for use of TTUHSC premises, the function must be sponsored or cosponsored by, and affiliated with, a recognized TTUHSC department or registered student organization. Sponsorship and/or co-sponsorship minimally include, but are not limited to, participation in planning, coordination and implementation directly by members of the sponsoring organizations. Sponsors are directly responsible for ensuring that activities and events comply with TTUHSC requirements for liability insurance, hold-harmless agreements, financial responsibility for property damage, etc.
Per HSC OP 72.16, the caterer needs to meets the following criteria: (a) Alcohol can only be served by vendors properly licensed by the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) to serve/sell. (b) All servers must be TABC certified and follow the TABC rules concerning the serving and dispensing of alcohol. (c) The vendor is required to provide proof of licensure and to ensure all served are TABC certified. (d) The event agreement from the vendor/caterer must contain a clause indemnifying TTUHSC and TTUS along with evidence of insurance compliant with current TTUHSC and TTUS standards.
And you must get approval from the Office of the President. https://www.ttuhsc.edu/administration/documents/ops/op72/op7216b.pdf