Office of Global Health
The Office of Global Health (OGH) serves as a resource to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) community for global health education both on our campuses and abroad.
The Office of Global Health supports the institutional mission and goals of TTUHSC by engaging in activities that enhance the education of its students, faculty, and staff through exposure to international health experiences.
Upcoming Global Perspectives Films
- Inventing Tomorrow
- Thursday, April 6, 2023, noon
- via Zoom
- Inventing Tomorrow follows young scientists from Indonesia, Hawaii, India, and Mexico as they tackle some of the most complex environmental issues facing humanity today - right in their own backyards. Framed against the backdrop of the severe environmental threats we now face, the film immerses the audience in a global view of the planetary crisis, through the eyes of the generation that will be affected by it most.
- This film has been selected in commemoration of Week of the Young Child.
Upcoming Global Health Lecture Registration Link
- Increase in child abuse injuries during the COVID-19 Pandemic in West Texas
- Wednesday, April 5, noon
- via Zoom
- There was a sharp increase in cases of child abuse presenting to our institution during
the year 2020. Thus, we sought to determine whether the confluence of pandemic-related
social changes would result in an increase in child abuse cases severe enough to warrant
emergency medical attention in the West Texas region.
Upcoming Opening Space Registration Link
- Immigrant Voices
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023, noon
- Join us in March as we highlight immigrant voices with panelists Rubini Pasupath, Kaniak Batra, and Lanfranco Marcelletti.
- Fulbright Information Session
- Wednesday, March 1, 2023, noon via Zoom
- Join us as we host Dr. Courtney Queen, TTUHSC Fulbright Scholar Campus Liaison, for an explanation of the Fulbright Scholar Program, tips for navigating award opportunities, and details of the application process.