Global Perspectives Film Series
Enjoy your lunch hour with us!
Come view one of the many extraordinary films from our library.
The Global Perspectives Film Series is one of our many continuing educational activities. Our goal is to provide the TTUHSC and local community with information about global, national, and local health and social issues.
Through the film series, attendees will also gain knowledge about various heritage celebrations, historic events, and current trends in health care. They will also receive insight into the customs, culture, and history of other countries and people.
This event is free and open to the public. No RSVP is necessary.
This month's film is College Behind Bars: No One Ever Taught Me Any of That
Incarcerated men and women in New York State are admitted to the Bard Prison Initiative (BPI), one of the most rigorous college programs in America. As they begin their studies at Eastern and Taconic Correctional facilities, they discover that they will be held to the same high standards as Bard College students on the main campus in Annandale-on-Hudson.
- When: March 25 12:00-1:00pm
- Where: ZOOM (follow the link to register for the event)
- How to view: The film will be streamed for viewers through ZOOM, there is no further need for equipment or software.
If you wish to be added to our Global Health Events notification list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org joining the notification list is also availble when registering through the ZOOM link above.
- January - Drawn Together
- February - Black Girl in Suburbia
- March - College Behind Bars
- April - UnSlut
- May - Black Feminist
- January - Pleasure Unwoven: An Explanation of the Brain Disease
- February - The White Helmets
- April - No Mas Bebes
- May - Unnatural Causes
- September - Saving Face: A Journey to Heal. A Fight for Justice.
- October - A Doctor of My Own: The First Medical Students of Namibia
- November - Silenced Voices: Tales of Sri Lankan Journalists in Exile
- December - A Closer Walk
- September - Be Good, Smile Pretty
- October - Women, War, and Peace: Pray the Devil Back to Hell
- November - Please Vote for Me
- December - Lives That Changed the World: Nelson Mandela
- September - The Longoria Affair
- October - Rx for Survival-A Global Health Challenge: Delivering the Goods
- November - Geronimo and the Apache Resistance
- December - Occupied Minds
- September - A Class Apart
- October - The Released
- November - True Whispers
- December - A Walk to Beautiful
- June - The Other Angels
- July - The Three Rabbis
- August - China's Lost Girls
- January - King: A Man of Peace in a Time of War
- February - Zora's Roots: The Life of Zora Neale Hurston
- March - The Gender Tango
- April - The Power of Forgiveness
- May - Most Honorable Son
Most films shown as part of the film series can be checked out through the OGH library. Visit the Resource Library web page for more information.
Got a film suggestion?
If there are specific films you would like to see viewed as part of our series, contact us! Your suggestions are always welcome.