Global Perspectives Film Series
Enjoy your lunch hour with us!
Come view one of the many extraordinary films from our library.
The Global Perspectives Film Series is one of our many continuing educational activities. Our goal is to provide the TTUHSC and local community with information about global, national, and local health and social issues.
Through the film series, attendees will also gain knowledge about various heritage celebrations, historic events, and current trends in health care. They will also receive insight into the customs, culture, and history of other countries and people.
Free pizza will be provided to the first 30 attendees. This event is free and open to the public. No RSVP is necessary.
- Date: Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Time: noon CT
- Location: ACB 240
It seems like two separate realms. One is occupied by acclaimed dancers from Brooklyn’s world renowned Mark Morris Dance Group, the other by people with Parkinson’s disease. CAPTURING GRACE is about what hap-pens when those two worlds intersect. Filmed over the course of a year, Dave Iverson's remarkable documentary reveals the hopes, fears, and triumphs of this newly forged community as they work together to create a unique, life-changing performance. It’s a story filled with compelling moments and enduring characters who demonstrate the transformative power of art and the strength of the human spirit…and in so doing rediscover the meaning of grace.
For more information about the film, including a trailer, please visit the following website: http://www.capturinggracefilm.com/.
This event is free and open to the public. No RSVP is necessary.
The film will be screened at the Lubbock campus only but is available for checkout from the OGH library by visiting our website.
- January - Pleasure Unwoven: An Explanation of the Brain Disease
- February - The White Helmets
- April - No Mas Bebes
- May - Unnatural Causes
- September - Saving Face: A Journey to Heal. A Fight for Justice.
- October - A Doctor of My Own: The First Medical Students of Namibia
- November - Silenced Voices: Tales of Sri Lankan Journalists in Exile
- December - A Closer Walk
- September - Be Good, Smile Pretty
- October - Women, War, and Peace: Pray the Devil Back to Hell
- November - Please Vote for Me
- December - Lives That Changed the World: Nelson Mandela
- September - The Longoria Affair
- October - Rx for Survival-A Global Health Challenge: Delivering the Goods
- November - Geronimo and the Apache Resistance
- December - Occupied Minds
- September - A Class Apart
- October - The Released
- November - True Whispers
- December - A Walk to Beautiful
- June - The Other Angels
- July - The Three Rabbis
- August - China's Lost Girls
- January - King: A Man of Peace in a Time of War
- February - Zora's Roots: The Life of Zora Neale Hurston
- March - The Gender Tango
- April - The Power of Forgiveness
- May - Most Honorable Son
Most films shown as part of the film series can be checked out through the OGH library. Visit the Resource Library web page for more information.
Got a film suggestion?
If there are specific films you would like to see viewed as part of our series, contact us! Your suggestions are always welcome.