Premedical Enrichment Program
Important information regarding the COVID-19 pandemic and the 2021 application cycle
We are closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The TTUHSC School of Medicine has implemented several changes and updates to our admissions process and timeline that affect the 2021 applicant cycle. Please refer to our coronavirus (COVID-19) updates page for the most current changes and updates. Click here.
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine will be hosting their annual Pre-Medical Enrichment Program (PEP) for undergraduate students who are interested in primary care medicine and rural health medicine. THE PEP APPLICATION FOR 2022 IS NOW OPEN!
The program is FREE of charge. The deadline to apply and to submit all supporting documents is April 1st 2022 at 5:00 PM CST.
PEP will be hosted in-person from Monday, May 30 - Friday, June 10, 2022.
Applicants who are selected to participate in the Pre-Medical Enrichment Program will be notified early May through email. A refundable $50 deposit fee will be required upon acceptance into the program. This fee will be refunded as long as the participant complies with the attendance rules of the program.
In order to be eligible to participate in PEP, you must:
- Be a Texas resident and have attended a Texas high school
- Have a minimum GPA of a 3.25 on a 4.0 scale; must be able to provide an official or unofficial undergraduate transcript from each school you have attended to verify grades
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1010 or a minimum ACT score of 20; must be able to provide documentation to verify score(s)
- Have an interest in primary care medicine or rural health medicine
- Provide at least one letter of evaluation, preferably from a current or past professor or faculty member
This program is designed to produce well-qualified and competitive medical school applicants. Participants will gain admissions insight and acquire the tools necessary to become a competitive applicant. Opportunities include:
- Clinical and shadowing experiences
- MCAT preparation
- Professional development
- Mock interviews