TTUHSC Medicine Secondary Application
Secondary Application Questions
Applying early is so important. We tell everyone to apply early. We provide statistics to back this up and now, we are taking action. In an effort to help applicants meet this goal we are now providing the secondary application questions online. Visit this page for the most current and official TTUHSC School of Medicine secondary application questions. Questions will be updated annually by April 1.
A TTUHSC School of Medicine Secondary Application is required of all applicants. Eligible candidates will receive an email invitation from our school with the link and instructions to complete our secondary application after we have received their complete application from TMDSAS. Please allow for processing time by TMDSAS.
Questions are broken down into two main sections below.
1. Select your area(s) of interest (please check all that apply). For each selected area, please list related activities; completed, current or planned. There is a 100 word limit for each selected area:
- Practicing in an underserved area
- Rural health
- Medical Research
- Medical Academics
- Primary Care
- Border Health
- Other (please describe below)
1. Have you experienced any road bumps in your academic career? (low academic performance, dropping, retaking, or failing courses, etc.)
1.1 If yes, please explain your circumstance. (250 words or less)
2. Please share any lessons learned during the COVID-19 pandemic that you would like the admissions committee to consider – either regarding yourself or your community – about any or all of the topics below? (300 words or less)
- Disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, community and or personal life.
- Creative ways in which you were able to serve your community during the crisis.
- Hardships you may have faced as a result of isolation, quarantine or illness
3. If you are applying to a dual degree program, please briefly describe your motivation to pursue this program and any other pertinent information. (e.g. research interests, steps taken to prepare yourself) (Note that if you select more than one program in this section you will be required to rank them in order of importance. 200 words or less)
4. Are you applying to our MD & E program?
4.1 Describe your motivation to pursue this program, be sure to include how you expect
to benefit from this program.
4.2 How do you anticipate this program making you a more efficient caregiver?
4.3 Please list the highest-level math/chemistry/physics course you have taken or are currently taking.
4.4 What projects have you been involved in that require programming and or machine languages? What languages do you prefer?
5. Are you applying to FMAT?
5.1. What motivates you to participate in the FMAT program? (200 words or less)
5.2. What experiences have you had that would prepare you for this intensive program? (200 words or less)
5.3. What, in your opinion, distinguishes Family Medicine from other medical specialties? (200 words or less)
6. Have you experienced any hardship or adversity; personally or professionally?
6.1 If yes, please share your experience with us. (200 words or less)
7. Please tell us about your favorite recreational/leisure activities. (200 words or less)
8. Do you consider yourself from West Texas or as having West Texas ties?
8.1 If yes, what town or county did you reside in, or what other factors would you cite? (100 words or less)
9. Have you participated in any special programs offered by a medical school to help prepare yourself for medical school and a career in medicine?
9.1. If yes, what was the name of the program and where was this program hosted (sponsoring school)? (100 words or less)