Click on the cover to open the book in pdf form.
- Recommended: "Save link as..." and download to computer
- More easily accessible
SuccessTypes was written to increase academic performance. It has been utilized by:
- Medical students – maximize use of time
- Undergraduate science majors – MCAT prep, course exams
- High school students – SAT prep, course exams
- Resident physicians – maximize use of study time
- Teachers – influence of learning style on teaching
- Based on counseling approach that became increasingly effective.
- Expanded to include a success strategy for any student
- Explanation of learning style critical to effectiveness
- Each chapter draws on earlier chapters.
- Part 1 lays down the theoretical underpinnings for the SuccessTypes method
- Part 2 provides both examples and exercises to help you develop the thinking skills
- Part 3 extends applications into stress management and personal growth.
- The examples and exercises in Part 2 are drawn from the courses which are typically experienced early in the medical curriculum: Biochemistry, Histology, and Gross Anatomy.
- Co-author, Dr. Bernell K. Dalley, former Course Director for Histology and for Gross Anatomy, has provided the examples and exercises in Histology and Gross Anatomy.
The mental functions which determine an individual’s psychological type also describe how that person prefers to process information and, thus, how he or she learns.
- Preferences make a student’s learning style predictable and consistent.
- Predictability and consistency in mental habits are fundamental properties of type.
- Opens up a window of insight into your own strengths and potential strengths