School of Medicine Research
A medical education at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (TTUHSC) would not be complete without its vital research community. TTUHSC offers unparalleled opportunities for interdisciplinary cooperation in health sciences education and research.
The understanding and appreciation of medical research is considered an essential component of the curriculum. All students are strongly encouraged to obtain research experience. Numerous opportunities are available for students to join the research of faculty members in a variety of laboratories, clinics, and departments.
- Breast Center of Excellence (Amarillo)
- Center of Excellence in Clinical Simulation Education and Research (Amarillo)
- Center for Ethics and Humanities (Lubbock)
- Center for Membrane Protein Research (Lubbock)
- Center of Excellence for Translational Neuroscience & Therapeutics (Lubbock)
- Center for Superheroes (Lubbock)
- Center for Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease (Lubbock)
- School of Medicine Cancer Center (Lubbock)
- Surgery Burn Center of Research Excellence (Lubbock)
TTUHSC is the perfect place for research because of the teaching. People who are discovering
new things should teach it and people who are on cutting edge should be presenting
to students and giving students opportunities to be involved.
James Hutson, Ph.D.
Associate Vice President for Research
Office of Research, School of Medicine
Chwan-Li (Leslie) Shen, Ph.D., C.C.R.P.
Associate Dean for Research