Donna C. Owen
Donna C. Owen
- Aging and nursing homes
- Critical consciousness
- Chronic illness
- Ashcraft, A., & Owen D. C. (2018, November). Target assessment education not SBAR completion. Annual Conference of the Gerontological Society of America, Boston, MA.
- Opton, L., Boswell, C., Owen, D. C., Franco, L., & Meriwether, C. (2018, December). Impact of shared governance on a healthy work environment. International Nursing Administration Research Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Ashcraft, A., & Owen, D. C. (2017, July). Communication leading to shared meaning. International Association of Gerontology and Geriatrics (IAGG), San Francisco, CA.
- Ashcraft, A., & Owen, D. C. (2017, February). Creating shared meaning between nurses and physicians in the nursing home. Annual Conference of the Southern Regional Nursing Society, Dallas, TX.
- Owen, D. C., Boswell, C., & Opton, L. (2016, November). Shared governance for faculty and staff in a school of nursing. International Nursing Administration Research Conference, Orlando, FL.
- Ashcraft, A., & Owen, D. C. (2016, November). Comparison of standardized and customized SBAR communication tools on resident transfer. Annual Conference of the Gerontological Society of America, New Orleans, LA.
- Barnard-Brak, L., Richman, D. M., & Owen, D. C. (2018). Assessing wandering risk among individuals with Alzheimer's disease & dementia: A pilot study. Psychogeriatrics, 388-392. doi.10.1111/psyg.12336
- Boswell, C. A., Opton, L. L., & Owen, D. C. (2017). Exploring shared governance for an academic nursing setting. The Journal of Nursing Education, 56(4), 197-203. doi:10.3928/01484834-20170323-02
- Thomas, A., Ashcraft, A. S., Owen, D. C., & Conway-Phillips, R. (2017). Making it all work: qualitative descriptions of Hispanic adults managing type 2 diabetes with limited resources. Global Qualitative Nursing Research, 4. doi:10.1177/2333393617691860
- Ashcraft, A. S., & Owen, D. C. (2016). End-of-life planning in a rural elderly cohort. Geriatric Nursing, 37(1), 71-74. doi:10.1016/j.gerinurse.2015.11.009
- Collins, J., Owen, D. C., & Champion, J. D. (2016). The meaning of weight: A big way of life for rural Mexican-American adolescent men and caregivers. Public Health Nursing, 33(5), 421-429. doi:10.1111/phn.12263