Nursing Scholarship Information
What Scholarships are Available for Nursing Students?
TTUHSC School of Nursing is committed to helping meet the health care needs of local and global communities by offering scholarships—allowing students the financial means necessary to achieve their futures. Many generous donors provided these funds to ensure that scholarships are available for nursing students.
Nursing Scholarship Guidelines
- Student must be enrolled or newly admitted in TTUHSC School of Nursing
- Applicant must meet the criteria set for chosen scholarship
- Student must have a completed FAFSA and an expected enrollment questionnaire with the Office of Financial Aid
- Scholarship monies must be applied to further student's higher education
- One scholarship application is needed for each financial aid award year *
- Applications will only be carried over each semester of the current financial aid award year *
* A financial aid award year is considered to be Summer, Fall and Spring
The scholarship committee will be carefully comprised of a representative from each program, and will meticulously review completed applications. Recipient notification will be sent to the student’s TTUHSC email address approximately three months after the application period closes.
Timeframes for scholarship applications
|School Semester||Application Open||Application Close|
|Fall||July 1||July 31|
|Spring||November 1||November 30|
|Summer||April 1||April 30|
- Scholarship Application
Available October 1 – October 8, 2020
- TTUHSC SON Scholarship Application for Abilene Students
Available February 5 – February 12, 2021 (12:00 PM - Noon)
The Willie I., Wanda & W.F. Martin Trust , First Financial Bank Scholarship was established to assist students pursuing a degree from the TTUHSC School of Nursing at Abilene for students living in Taylor County or the counties immediately adjacent to Taylor County.
- Peggy "Meme" Collins Second Degree Scholarship
Available March 24 at 12:00 PM Noon – March 31, 2021 (12:00 PM - Noon)
- Mesothelioma.com Scholarship
- The Community Foundation of West Texas
- FNSNA Scholarships
- 3LAU Everything Scholarship
- Melvin Brewing Scholarship
- The Vohra Wound Care Scholarship for Nursing Education
- Impact Scholarship for Black Students
- National League for Nursing Foundation Scholarship
- AES Scholarship
- Best Nursing Degree Scholarship
- Army Nurse Corps Association Scholarship
- Nursing Foundation Good Samaritan Foundation
- AAUW Abilene Scholarship
- TravelNursing.org Nursing Education Scholarship
- Foundation of the National Student Nurses’ Association, Inc. Undergraduate Scholarship
- B. Davis Scholarship
- CouponChief.com Scholarship Program
- NURSE Corps Scholarship Program
- F.A. Davis Nursing Scholarship
Thank-you Sample Letters
While helping us grow and achieve at TTUHSC is an outstanding opportunity, we know that it isn’t always easy to pay for a nursing degree. Financial Aid provides assistance to pay for education expenses (tuition, fees, books, supplies, and living expenses) while students learn and develop the future of health care.
Students are required to apply for financial aid every year. Short term loans are also available for tuition and fees. Please see http://www.ttuhsc.edu/financial-aid to learn more, or contact Lena Hooker at (806) 743-3025—or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org—with any questions.
For general information on tuition and fees, contact the Student Business Services Office at (806) 743-7867 or visit their website.
We are happy to respond to any questions you have about our nursing school scholarship opportunities. To know more, contact Kiley Rickman at (806) 743-2909 or via email at email@example.com.
Location-specific scholarship queries:
For questions regarding the Permian Basin scholarship process, please contact Lori Lieck at (432) 703-5270 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For El Paso Gayle Greve Hunt School of Nursing applicants and students, please contact Jose Castaneda at (915) 215-6120 or email@example.com for scholarship information.
Raider Red's Food Pantry
The mission of Raider Red's Food Pantry is to reduce hunger and food insecurity among
TTU students while encouraging campus engagement and education on how to reduce food
insecurity. Click the link below to learn more!