News and Events
Congratulations to Sarah Wood, LVN, CCRC on being selected to receive a 2020 Quality Staff Award. Ms. Wood was nominated by her peers in the Clinical Research Institute for her contribution to the CRI and the Institution.
Congratulations Sarah Wood!
TOPIC: Challenges and risk management for investigator-initiated FDA-IND clinical trials.
Congratulations to MS3-4 Students Kelly Little and Chloe Cooper for their work on “The Association Between Insurance Type and Patient Satisfaction Scores”. The project was awarded the Dr. Lorenz O. Lutherer Award during the 2020 Student Research Week, which was held March 10-13, 2020
Congratulations to Sarah Wood, LVN! She is the recipient of the 2019 CRI Service Excellence Award. Co-workers nominated Ms. Wood for her teamwork, hard work and dedication to the CRI and the Institution, as a whole.
- Criteria the person should have exhibited in order to be nominated for the CRI Excellence Award:
- Consistently seen having a positive helpful attitude
- Demonstrate high standards of professionalism
- Witnessed offering help* Witnessed accepting help.
- Has been repeatedly “caught in the act” of delivering excellent customer service and going beyond the call of duty.
- Professional/team building behavior and embodies CRI work ethic
- Participation in CRI and other activities that help professional growth and contributes to the mission of the CRI
- Demonstrated ability to exceed expectations while also working effectively and supporting each other as team members
Key Note Speaker: John Griswold, MD, FACS
Title: Evolution of Healthcare: The Transformation of Prehospital Response in Rural West Texas
Announcement of new Executive Director for the Clinical Research Institute (CRI)
Dr. John A. Griswold
It is my pleasure to announce the appointment of John A. Griswold, M.D., as the new Executive Director of the Clinical Research Institute effective September 1, 2019. Dr. Griswold replaces Dr. Alan Peiris who is retiring August 31, 2019.
Congratulations to Meredith Gavin MS4 recipient
Congratulations to this year's recipients of the CRI Seed Grant!!
Dr. Courtney Queen, Department of Public Health and Dr. M Haris Nazim, Department of Surgery-Amarillo "Intergrating and testing a point-of-care iagnostic tool for the early detection of melanoma"
Dr. Nadezhda German, Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Dr. Kendra Rumbaugh, Department of Surgery-Lubbock "Assessing the activity of selected inhibitors of quorum sensing in P. aeruginosa and S. aureus using in vitro polymicrobial infection models.
Viceral fat is associated with high-grade complications in patients undergoing laparoscopic or robotic-assisted partial nephrectomy for renal masses
Congratulations to Dr. Lindsay Penrose, Assistant Professor
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Title of Research Project: Soft tissue mobilization for lumbopelvic pain in the third trimester of pregnancy
Congratulations to Dr. Ravindra M. Bharadwaj, MD, MPH, Division of Geriatric, School of Medicine Amarillo Campus
Title of Research Project: Glucose utilization and mitochondrial dysfunction in the blood cells of Alzheimer's Disease