Committee Members for the TTUHSC Clinical Research Institute (CRI)
Steven L. Berk, MD
Executive Vice President and Provost
Tom Tenner, PhD
SOM Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Development
Alan Peiris, MD, PhD, MRCS, FRCP
CRI Co-Director and Professor, SOM Department of Internal Medicine
Cathy Lovett, RN, MSN, CCRP, CCRC
Managing Director of the CRI
Sharon Decker, RN, CS, PhD, CCRN
F. Marie Hall SimLife Center-Director of Clinical Simulations
Rajinder Koul, PhD, CCC-SLP
School of Allied Health Professions-Associate Dean of Research
Alyce Ashcraft, RN, PhD, CNE, ANEF
School of Nursing-Associate Academic Dean for Research
Richard Leff, PharmD
Dallas Campus-School of Pharmacy-Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Clinical/Translational Research
Neeraj A. Kumar, PT, PhD, NCS
Permian Basin Campus-School of Health Professions-Regional Dean and Assistant Program Director, DPT Program
- Evaluate CRI function and make recommendations.
- Make recommendations related to CRI Policy.
- Review submitted investigator-initiated protocols: approve or make suggestions for revision.
- Review submitted industry-sponsored trials: recommend proceeding with or refusing trial.
- Review progress of ongoing projects and recommend changes when needed.