We ask that you start the application process as soon as possible. Submitting an acceptable application is the responsibility of the prospective resident. We do not set a specific minimum score requirement for the USMLE as we review your application as a whole, but your score must be competitive. If you are selected, you will be contacted via email with an invitation to interview. Our virtual interview dates are December 15th and 16th, 2023. All interviews are virtual.
The deadline to submit your application is October 31, 2022
Frequently Asked Questions: Applications
- How do I submit my application?
We accept applications only through the ERAS System.
- What constitutes a complete application?
• An ERAS application form
• Personal statement
• Current Curriculum vitae
• Medical school transcript
• USMLE (or COMLEX) transcript
• 3 letters of recommendation (You may submit more if you prefer; Chair LOR not required)
• Medical School Performance Evaluation
• ECFMG certificate (if applicable – applicants must be ECFMG-certified no later than the application deadline of October 15)
*If you wish to submit information to supplement your application (publication updates, etc.), you may do so by contacting the residency coordinator and sending this information on to her via email for updating your file.
- Is there a pre-filter file review?
There is no official pre-filter file review, nor is there a minimum required USMLE score. Each applicant, as a whole, is taken into consideration.
- Is part 2 of the USMLE scores required at the time of application, or during the application
Only part 1 scores are required for application; however, part 2 must be completed prior to starting your intern year.
- Do you accept international medical graduates?
We do accept applications from international medical graduates. You must be ECFMG-certified and acquire by July 1 of your intern year a J-1 visa.
- Does your program require previous U.S. clinical experience?
No, previous U.S. clinical experience is not required to apply to the program; however, to remain a competitive candidate, it is strongly advised.
- What are the visa options for the program?
An applicant must be able to qualify for a J-1 visa. Upon hiring, visa applications are handled through the GME Office.
You are encouraged to start the application process as soon as possible. Please note that no final decision on selection can be made on an incomplete application. Submitting an acceptable application is the responsibility of the prospective resident. We do not set a specific minimum score requirement for the USMLE because the Selection Committee views the application as a whole, but your score must be competitive. If your application is chosen by the Selection Committee you will be invited for interviews. Our interview process will take place during the month of October. Our interviews will be scheduled on Fridays when the faculty is readily available.