Skills for Living Well
The Diabetes Education Program is provided by an interdisciplinary team of professionals, including a Certified Diabetes Educator. The aim is to provide education to patients to gain a better understanding of diabetes and the skills you need to live a healthy and productive life.
Diabetes classes are offered during the daytime and evening. Individualized attention is given to teach you how to:
- Prevent high and low blood sugars
- Take care of your feet, skin and eyes
- Use a glucometer and know what the numbers mean
- Plan meals, grocery shop and eat out
- Cope and handle stressful situations
- Prevent complications
For more information call 806.743.9355
The American Diabetes Association recognizes this education service as meeting the National Standards for Diabetes Self-Management Education.