Information for Applicants
Applications will only be accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) administered by the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). We do not accept applications via FAX, email, or postal services.
Thank you for your interest in our Internal Medicine Residency Program.
We strongly encourage applicants to submit their applications by the end of September, as our available interview days and times fill quickly. For more information on the interview see our Interview Day page found on our residency education website. The following documents are required:
- ERAS Common Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Dean's Letter (MSPE)
- A minimum of three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Medical School Transcripts
- USM LE and/or COM LEX Transcripts
The following are the minimum criteria for application:
- Graduate of an accredited medical school within the past 5 years. Those with post-graduate training will have this taken into account.
- Any gaps in training or medical school should have an accompanying explanation.
- Must be able to assume all responsibilities of training by July 1.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to an inquiry regarding application status.
The following information is for international students:
- Only accepts J-1 Visa
- Must have graduated in the last 7 years
- No US clinical experience required but is preferred
- Must have ECFMG certificate at interview