Program Directors Welcome
Welcome Letter From Program Director
I invite you to become acquainted with our education program for house officers at Texas Tech University School of Medicine in Lubbock, Texas. This web site describes the people, resources, facilities, and communities associated with our Internal Medicine residency program.
Our philosophy is to prepare our residents to manage the clinical needs of all patients—whether simple or complex. We do this by providing an excellent balance of supervision and the needed autonomy to grow as a physician and leader.
Our program places a very high value on:
- Residents helping one another
- Shared value of responsibilities to patients and each other
- Cultural diversity within the program
- Preparing for future employment or fellowship
- Continuously reviewing the program and making changes as necessary
- Availability of faculty to the residents
- Having fun when the moments arise
We will prepare you to be “plug and play” at the next level of training or employment.
Because the selection of a residency program is a major decision and requires careful consideration, we welcome the opportunity to provide any details about our program that would assist you in your decision-making process. We appreciate your interest in our house officer program and encourage you to visit with us to discuss residency opportunities at TTUHSC.
If you are interested in receiving more information, please email your request to Brandi McKinnon.
Michael Phy, D.O. FACP
Residency Program Director