Using Benefits at HSC | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
TTUHSC students walking through Lubbock campus courtyard.

**VA Benefits (Federal)

GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official VA website, with links to each benefit below.

Ch. 30 Montgomery GI Bill® Active Duty (MGIB-AD)
Ch. 31 Veteran Readiness and Employment (VR&E)
Ch. 33 Post-9/11 GI Bill®
Ch. 35 Survivors and Dependents Assistance (DEA)
Ch. 1606 Montgomery GI Bill® Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR)

**Hazlewood Act Exemption (State)

The Hazlewood Act is a State of Texas benefit that provides qualified Veterans, spouses, and dependent children with an education benefit of up to 150 hours of tuition exemption, including most fee charges, at public institutions of higher education in Texas. This does NOT include living expenses, books and supply fees, and mandatory Student Health Insurance fees. See the Texas Veterans Commission website for additional program details.

**Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Military students planning to use DoD Tuition Assistance must speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO), or counselor within their military service, prior to enrolling at TTUHSC.

Course Enrollment Information. TTUHSC will provide course enrollment, course withdrawal, course cancellation, course completion or failure, grade, verification of degree completion, and billing information to the TA issuing Service's education office, as outlined in the Service's regulations and instructions.

*Important Note* 
Financial Responsibility Agreement must be submitted to Student Business Services (SBS) each semester, and can be done electronically via WebRaider. If a student is not covered at the 100% level by any combination of benefits, the student is responsible for any remaining balance due. The approved Military Tuition Assistance (TA) amount approved by your branch of service may not cover total balance due. However, a deferment may be requested by completing a Tuition Deferment Request form and returning to the School Certifying Official in the Veterans Resource Center.