Using Military Tuition Assistance (TA) | Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
TTUHSC students walking through Lubbock campus courtyard.

Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Military students planning to use DoD Tuition Assistance must speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO), or counselor within their military service, prior to enrolling at TTUHSC.

Course Enrollment Information. TTUHSC will provide course enrollment, course withdrawal, course cancellation, course completion or failure, grade, verification of degree completion, and billing information to the TA issuing Service's education office, as outlined in the Service's regulations and instructions.

How to Request Military Tuition Assistance (TA)

Students should submit the following:

1. Completed Tuition Assistance Authorization Form to prior to the bill due date. Please contact SBS at 806-743-7867 for additional information.
2. FERPA Student Consent to Release Education Records release form authorizing TTUHSC to release and forward course enrollment information described above to DoD.
3. Students covered less than 100% by a benefit or combination of benefits, can complete and submit a Tuition Deferment request. 
4. Students wishing to use GI Bill benefits to supplement TA should ensure the "Check if VA Top-Up will be used" box is checked on their TA form prior to submitting to SBS. All documentation for VA benefits must be submitted through the HSC benefits portal as well.