Sports Medicine Fellowship
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Sports Medicine Team
Sports Medicine Fellows see patients in the Department of Family Medicine Sports Medicine Clinics, TTU Student Wellness Center Sports Medicine Clinics, TTU Athletic training rooms, high school athletic training rooms, academic Orthopedic Surgery Clinics, and private Orthopedic Clinics. In these clinics, fellows are responsible for evaluating patients, developing treatment plans, and performing procedures, as appropriate. Patients range from pediatric to geriatric age and present with sports related conditions and injuries as well as non-sport musculoskeletal complaints.
How to apply:
The program receives applications solely through the Electronic Application Service (ERAS) provided by the Association of American Medical Colleges. For more information about ERAS, go to: www.aamc.org/students/medstudents/eras/
We require the following:
- C.V. (curriculum vitae)
- Personal Statement
- Three letters of reference
- It is highly encouraged at least one letter of recommendation come from your Program Director.
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- USMLE/COMLEX scores: No minimum score criteria, but we require all applicants to pass each exam within the first two attempts, except the Clinical Skills(CS) portion of Step 2, which must be passed on the first attempt.
- Graduate of an Accredited Program in Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics
- All of these can be transmitted through ERAS. Your medical school must be on the list of schools whose graduates have demonstrated substantial equivalence of their education approved by the Texas Medical Board. Additionally, it is required that all applicants meet the Texas Medical Board licensing requirements prior to acceptance.
- Once we receive your completed ERAS application, we will contact you regarding our ability to offer you an interview. Our deadline for application is October 1.
- If you are an International Medical Graduate (IMG), contact the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for application materials and requirements. All IMG's must be ECFMG certified.
- $64,054.53 yearly salary for 2022-2023
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance for fellow (options available to include spouse and/or family)
- Disability, Malpractice & Workers' Compensation Insurance for Fellow
- Name-embroidered lab coats with laundry service
- 20 days of paid vacation
- $1,200 taxed stipend, upon entrance to the Fellowship
- Annual Residency/Fellow Retreat
- Five days and $1,000 for approved CME courses
- ACLS re-certification tuition provided
- American Medical Society for Sports Medicine (AMSSM) annual membership
- Fellowship pays for in-training exam
- Meal card for use in the hospital cafeteria
- Parking spaces provided for fellows in UMC hospital parking lot
- Fellows are eligible to purchase a TTU Recreation Center Facilities Membership which includes the use of lazy river, weight rooms, and indoor climbing wall, track, courts and indoor pool.
- Texas Tech University
- Lubbock Christian Universityl
- All Saints High School
Connect With Us