Resident Application Process
Welcome to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center at the Permian Basin Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program.
We participate and accept applications only through the ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service). All applications must be complete and received no later than October 1. Early submission is highly recommended.
Three positions are available at the first year level for applicants from accredited medical schools. The Residency Program Director screens all applications. Potential candidates are invited for interviews between October and December. The residents and faculty participate in the interview process and rank the applicants. The order is submitted to the NRMP.
A complete application includes the following:
- ERAS application
- Medical School Transcript
- Deans Letter
- Three letters of recommendation (if previous residency training, letter from program director)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- USMLE/Comlex Step 1, Step 2 CS and CK
The COMLEX can be substituted for the USMLE.
Here is a list of our program requirements:
- We accept applications only through ERAS.
- Step 1, 2CS, and 2CK are needed to be considered for an interview.
- We interview applicants that have passed the steps taken within 1 attempt only.
- The cutoff scores for Comlex is 550 and above and for USMLE it is 215 and above.
- All USMLE tests must be taken within 7 years.
- You must be a graduate of a US accredited medical school.
- No foreign medical grads and no visas.
- No prior experience needed.
- There is no graduation cut off year.
Residency Program Coordinator