Residency Application Information
All applicants to the TTUHSC Pediatric Residency Program are required to have passed Part 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensure Examination (COMLEX) before they can be considered as a residency candidate.
Applications for the PL-1 year should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). For more information about ERAS contact your appropriate school representative, or visit the ERAS Web site and Applicant Information Sheet (AIS).
ERAS 2023 MyERAS application including 3 letters of recommendation (at least one should be from an academic pediatrician).
For the 2023 ERAS cycle, our program will be participating and receiving information from the supplemental ERAS application offered through the AAMC's ERAS program. Applicants will be required to complete the MyERAS application, and participation in the supplemental ERAS application is optional. In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help students share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our programs' setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application includes:
- geographic preferences (by region and by urban or rural setting);
- information about their most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals
Initial invitations to access to the supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on August 1st. The supplemental ERAS application must be completed between August 1st and September 16th at 5:00 pm ET.
Applicants from non-LCME accredited schools will be considered if the following can be demonstrated:
- Previous pediatric experience highly preferred
- Licensable in the state of Texas
- Out of clinical practice (no more than three years)
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation - at least one should be from an academic pediatrician
- Wallet-sized photo
- USMLE or COMLEX scores - applicants may need to specifically request NBME to provide this information
Additional Requirements for International Medical Graduates (IMG)
- Status report for Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Status report for VISA - our institution does not sponsor H-1 Visas
The application deadline for the 2022-23 academic year has passed.
Applications for the 2023-24 school year should be received by November 15, 2022. Interviews are conducted by invitation only, Monday-Friday from October-January.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact us.
The Department of Pediatrics
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
3601 4th Street | Lubbock, Texas 79430
806.743.2244 option 2