Residency Application Information
All applicants to the TTUHSC Pediatric Residency Program are required to have passed Part 1 of the United States Medical Licensing Examination (USMLE) or the Comprehensive Osteopathic Medical Licensure Examination (COMLEX) before they can be considered as a residency candidate.
Applications for the PL-1 year should be submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS). For more information about ERAS contact your appropriate school representative, or visit the ERAS Web site and Applicant Information Sheet (AIS).
Applicants from non-LCME accredited schools will be considered if the following can be demonstrated:
- Previous pediatric experience highly preferred
- Licensable in the state of Texas
- Out of clinical practice (no more than three years)
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- Dean's letter
- Three (3) letters of recommendation - at least one should be from an academic pediatrician
- Wallet-sized photo
- USMLE or COMLEX scores - applicants may need to specifically request NBME to provide this information
Additional Requirements for International Medical Graudates (IMG)
- Status report for Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Status report for VISA - our institution does not sponsor H-1 Visas
The application deadline for the 2018-2019 academic year has passed.
Applications for the 2019-2020 school year should be received by January 15, 2019. Interviews are conducted by invitation only, Monday-Friday from October-January.
If you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact us.