Annual/Monthly Salary 2022-2023
Typically only weekdays are counted, with all efforts made to give the preceding and following weekend off also.
- PGY I - 3 weeks of vacation per year (15 working days)
- PGY II - 4 weeks of vacation per year (20 working days)
- PGY III - 4 weeks of vacation per year (20 working days)
- All residents - Additional six days paid vacation for the last two weeks of December
All residents receive up to 12 days per year. Our policy follows ABP guidelines regarding absences from residency training.
Thirty-three months of clinical training are required. One month of absence is allowed each year for leave (eg, vacation, sick, parental leave). Absences greater than three months during the three years of residency should be made up by additional periods of training. If the program director believes that the candidate is well qualified and has met all the training requirements, the program director may submit a petition to the ABP requesting an exemption to the policy. Residents in combined training may not take more than one month of leave per year. ABP Guidelines
PGY I - Up to five days for the TPS Annual Meeting only
PGY II - Up to five days for the AAP NCE Annual Meeting only
PGY III - Up to five days for conferences, as needed
Our policies follow the rules according to Family Medical Leave Act.
Health Insurance premium is 100% paid for the resident. Employee + Spouse is $163.97; Employee + Child(ren) is $115.61; Employee + Family is $274.49 **Monthly deduction rates subject to change**.
Dental and Vision premiums are 100% paid for by TTUHSC.
Life insurance for employee $100,000; spouse $10,000; child(ren) $5,000 premiums 100% paid for by TTUHSC.
Disability, Workman’s Compensation and Malpractice insurance are also 100% paid for by TTUHSC.
Retirement Savings - eligible for 403B.
- Annual Membership provided to American Academy of Pediatrics, Texas
- Pediatric Society, and local county medical society
- Moving allowance: $250 for matched in-state students or $500 for out-of-state students
- Free subscription to Pediatric Review and Education Program (PREP) for three years
- One embroidered white coat with laundry service
- Discounted membership to the Texas Tech Recreational Center
- Meal cards for use while on call
- Selected textbooks provided
- UMC hospital on–site resident gym
- Free hospital parking
Required Certification courses are provided free of cost one to two weeks before starting as a PL-1 at TTUHSC for Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). Renewal fees for required courses are provided for during residency.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course is provided at TTUHSC at your own expense. However, ACLS renewals during residency are covered.
Depending on your year, funds are available annually for CME conferences:
- PGY 1 - TPS Conference
- PGY 2 - AAP Conference
- PGY 3 - $1,000
- Half of the American Board of Pediatrics Certifying Examination is paid for by the department
- In-service training exam (American Board of Pediatrics) yearly for all pediatric residents