Candidate Selection Process
Graduates of accredited medical schools nationally and internationally, who have successfully completed their surgical or Obstetrics and Gynecology residency training either from an ACGME accredited program in USA or from an international program that is well reputed will be able to apply for the “Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship” at TTUHSC-BCE. All candidates will be required to qualify for their licensure in United States; international candidates must have USMLE certification.
The standard application form and prerequisites available at the SSO web site will be used for applications (attached). The fellows will be selected through the SSO matching program. Interviews will be conducted by the Fellowship Committee including supervisors of all disciplines, Chief of Surgical Oncology, Chairman Surgery and American Cancer Society Volunteer - Breast Cancer Survivor.
- Rakhshanda Layeequr Rahman, Surgical Oncology, Program Director - Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Sharmila Dissanaike, Chair Department of Surgery, Teaching Faculty Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Cathy Ronaghan, Department of Surgery, Teaching Faculty Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Niska Blevins, Director for Breast Imaging, Supervisor Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Sanjay Awasthi, Medical Oncology, Director SWCC, Supervisor - Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Saba Radhi, Medical Oncology, Teaching Faculty - Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Catherine Jones, Medical Oncology, Teaching Faculty - Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Carlos Torres, Radiation Oncology, Supervisor - Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Ramsey Abdur Rahman, Radiation Oncology, Teaching Faculty – Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Suzanne Graham, Department of Pathology, Supervisor - Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
- Lisa Smith, Department of Pathology, Teaching Faculty – Interdisciplinary Breast Fellowship
Applications are accepted up till June 15th and interviews are conducted by November 1st of each year. The interviewers develop a written critique for each candidate and the fellowship committee meets during the second week of November to rank the applications. Emphasis of the interview will be to judge:
- Academic Excellence (USMLE Scores, Papers, Abstracts etc…)
- Research Background
- Interest in Academic Career focus on Breast Disease
- Attitude, Demeanor, and Enthusiasm
- Strength of Recommendation (Letters)
- Civic / Community Contributions
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.
(806) 743- 2370