BSN to DNP Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Nurses with the BSN degree can apply to the BSN to DNP program and move directly from the BSN degree to the DNP degree for the Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner track. The BSN to DNP program is a combination of online and face-to-face courses and supervised clinical experiences and will meet all educational standards established by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing’s Essentials of Doctoral Education for Advanced Nursing Practice (2006) and the National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculty’s (NONPF) Criteria for Evaluation of Nurse Practitioner Programs (2016), which are the standards for both FNP and PMHNP programs. Graduates will meet all qualifications to sit for national certification to become a Psychiatric Menthal Health Nurse Practitioner upon completion of the DNP degree.
Consideration for admission is given to applicants who meet all admission criteria and have submitted ALL admission requirements by the application deadline.
All applicants must meet requirements listed below for admission consideration:
- Completed and submitted online application as directed on the School of Nursing website.
- Valid unencumbered Texas or Compact RN License
- Baccalaureate nursing degree from a regionally accredited college or university with nursing program accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or accreditation from the American Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Successful completion of an undergraduate research and statistics course
- Minimum 3.0 GPA or better (on a 4.0 scale) in the BSN program
- Basic Life Support (American Heart Association BLS) Certification
- Computer literacy
- Critical analysis essay
- Letters of References (3)
- Oath of Residency
- Official transcripts from all institutions formerly attended. NOTE: All transcripts must be from regionally accredited colleges or universities with nursing program accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or accreditation from American Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC).
- Current Curriculum Vita (CV) or Resume (in the template provided in the application process)
- Interview with DNP faculty (Interviews are conducted on an invitation only basis after a review of submitted application materials).
|Admission Term||Application Open||Application Deadline|
|Fall 2018||November 1, 2017||February 15, 2018|