The mission of the BSHM program is to prepare students to be successful, competent and ethical managers in the evolving U.S. healthcare system.
The BSHM program operates through online instruction to provide broad exposure to the skills, knowledge and abilities needed to prepare students to enter management and leadership positions within healthcare organizations. Applicants can transfer college credits to complete the 120 credit hour requirement for a bachelor’s degree. Transfer credits from previous courses are considered on a case-by case basis. Students enrolled in the BSHM program are required to complete the final six academic hours through the BSHM program courses.An applicant’s previously completed college coursework determines which degree concentration is followed. The two degree concentrations are the Healthcare Professional Concentration and the Executive Management Concentration.
HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL CONCENTRATION
- Certified Radiology Technologists
- Emergency Medical Services
- Respiratory Care Practitioners
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Clinical Laboratory Technicians
Students entering the Healthcare Professional Concentration must have an Associate
of Applied Sciences (AAS) and certification, licensure or registration in one of the
health science concentrations listed above. Other healthcare clinical concentrations will also be considered. The AAS may provide up to 48 Technical Credit Hours for transfer to the BSHM program.
The Healthcare Professional Concentration curriculum is composed of:
- BSHM Healthcare Professional Concentration Core Courses, 27 hours
- Clinical Discipline Specific Advanced Case Study, 3 hours
- Technical/Approved Health Professions Credits, 48 hours
EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT CONCENTRATION
Students who do not have an AAS may be considered for admission to the Executive Management Concentration. Students accepted must have completed at least 42 college credit hours and the Texas Common Core requirements.
The Executive Management Concentration curriculum is composed of:
- BSHM Healthcare Management Concentration Core Courses, 34 hours
- Healthcare Management Advanced Case Study, 8 hours
- Healthcare Management Electives, 12 hours
- Technical/Approved Credits, 24 hours. Technical credits must be pre-approved by the academic advisor and must be completed prior to enrollment i the Case Study courses.
For TTUHSC School of Health Professions to offer online courses in a state other than Texas, TTUHSC must first comply with that state's requirements. These requirements differ from state to state, with requirements being more rigorous and expensive in some states than others. TTUHSC SHP is currently working to gain authorization to offer online courses in all states.
Click here to see the authorization status of your state.