Healthy Lubbock Programs
The Healthy Lubbock Initiative seeks to make Lubbock and its surrounding communities a healthier place to live by supporting and encouraging people to improve nutrition, increase physical activity, and exercise regularly to promote wellness.
- Provide and promote healthy activities and options for everyone in Lubbock and the surrounding communities.
- Educate individuals about healthy behavioral choices for themselves and for their families in a positive and affirming manner.
- Play a leadership role in developing, implementing and tracking various health initiatives.
- Establish relationships with community organizations and individuals.
- Increase marketing and promotional efforts for the awareness and identity of healthy programs in the community.
- Be recognized as one the healthiest cities in the state.
Healthy Lubbock collaborates with community groups and organizations to promote sustainable active living and healthy eating.