Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
What Is Healthcare Administration?
Healthcare administration is an exciting and rewarding career. With the increasing demand for healthcare services, the need for executives to oversee the provision of these services is increasing as well, making it a highly in-demand position.
Healthcare administrators manage, and coordinate the activities, operations, and services provided in health care organizations of many kinds. Their responsibilities may include:
- Directing the financial management of a health care organization including overseeing budgets and insurance and patient billing functions.
- Improving the efficiency, quality, and technology of the health care services being offered and staying ahead of new trends and developments in the field.
- Ensuring compliance with current and proposed health care laws and regulations.
- Organizing and maintaining records, adhering to all privacy regulations and ensuring the safety of all data.
- Determining work schedules for health care employees.
- Recruiting, hiring, and managing personnel.
- Communicating and working in coordination with medical staff, department heads, and other health care staff to assure the delivery of the highest-quality services to patients and the greatest efficiency for the health care organization.
- Directing community education efforts and marketing operations for the institution.
Program Start Term
About the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration
The TTUHSC Healthcare Administration program is a fully-online, accelerated, 36-hour degree program designed for working health care professionals who want to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to advance as successful health care leaders in their field.
Our degree is entirely online and distance-based. The flexibility of our program allows working professionals with full-time jobs, family and other responsibilities to pursue advanced education and increase their professional and personal development without sacrificing their lifestyle and existing commitments.
Our Health Care Administration Faculty
Our faculty consists of experienced adult-learning educators who work with you to keep you on track with your degree goals. Program faculty members are health care leaders who came to university life after decades of practical patient care and administrative hospital experience.
Our interdisciplinary core and adjunct faculty include board-certified health care executives; CFO’s; patient safety, risk management, and hospital quality experts; physicians; and federal sector health care executives with years of experience.
The faculty is committed to helping you become successful in both your graduate education and professional environment. Our goal is to partner with you as mentors and educators as you pursue and achieve your academic and professional goals.
“When I see someone with a degree from the TTUHSC Healthcare Administration program.
I know they have been trained and educated by some of the best in the industry!”
MBA Managing Director Healthcare Administration
Careers in Health Care Administration
Health care administration is an exciting and rewarding career. With the increasing demand for health care services, the need for executives to manage these complex services is also increasing, making health care administration a highly in-demand position.
Health care managers work in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, health systems, clinics, physician practices, provider networks, specialty care organizations, government services and numerous other health care settings.
To be well-qualified, these professionals must be proficient in multiple aspects of health care management, including operations and strategic management, financial management, human resources management, decision making and analytics, coordination of care, legal and regulatory aspects of care, and the general oversight and leadership of multidisciplinary professionals.
While a bachelor’s degree is a stepping stone to the profession, a master’s degree is preferred by many employers and may be necessary for career advancement.
- Health care administration is a fulfilling career with excellent job prospects. According
to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), jobs for medical and health services
managers, health care executives, and health care administrators are growing much
faster than average compared to all occupations, with an expected growth rate of 20%
- The best career advancement prospects will be those with a master’s degree in health administration. Additionally, the pay for these positions remains strong, with a national median wage of $99,730 in 2018 and the highest 10% earning more than $182,600.
The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration Curriculum
The Master of Science in Healthcare Administration is a 36-hour, fully online graduate healthcare administration degree geared towards working health care professionals who are seeking to obtain the skills and knowledge necessary to advance as successful healthcare leaders.
The program’s curriculum consists of a focused, management-based approach incorporating practical knowledge and skills applicable to real-world health care administration along with opportunities for personal and professional growth. Classes include:
- Principles of Management & Leadership in Healthcare.
- Health Informatics & Data Analytics.
- Health Law and Ethics.
- Healthcare Operations & Supply Chain Management.
- Strategic Planning & Marketing in Healthcare.
Successful completion of the program culminates in the Master of Science in Healthcare Administration degree.
Connect With Us