We are proud to share our Values-Based Culture with all our constituents – faculty, staff, students, patients and community members. These core values—One Team, Kindhearted, Integrity, Visionary, and Beyond Service—are integral to our purpose, and we aim to align with those values on a daily basis.
Unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission.
- Empower and energize one another to create positive growth
- Collaborate through open communication
- Hold ourselves and each other accountable by giving and accepting constructive feedback
- Foster a fun and healthy environment that encourages team spirit
- Recognize and celebrate contributions and achievements
Exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands and a positive attitude.
- Assume good intentions
- Listen first to understand
- Treat all consistently with compassion, respect and an open mind
- Acknowledge each other with courtesy
- Respond rather than react
Be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- Be honest regardless of the outcome
- Make ethical choices in every situation
- Honor commitments
- Be transparent in your purpose, expectations and actions
- Protect and conserve institutional resources
Nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations and a pioneering spirit.
- Promote an innovative environment that embraces appropriate risk
- Be resilient and confident when faced with challenges
- Inspire continuous curiosity
- Demonstrate and inspire commitment to life long learning and personal development
Create and deliver positive defining moments.
- Anticipate the needs of each individual and respond with a generous heart
- Invest in the well-being, safety and success of all by going the extra mile
- Be solution-oriented, create the pathway to a win-win resolution
- Deliver excellence in everything we do
Downloads & Additional Resources
- Our Values-Based Culture (One-Pager)
- TTUHSC Civility Survey Findings
- TTUHSC Values Pledge
- Field Guide Toolkit
- Field Guide Training
- Office of People and Values
In 2018, we began our journey to create a sustainable values-based culture. But, developing the list of values and behaviors was just our first step. Based on the objectives and strategies of the TTUHSC 2020 Strategic Plan, we formed five Values Integration Teams to ensure we accomplished our Strategic People Goals, and continued to look at other innovative ways we could collaborate as teams with each other and with stakeholders across the organization. This is the way we, as One Team, are helping to sustain our Values-Based Culture.