Joehassin Cordero, MD
- A Prospective Study of Postoperative Stroke Rate in Patients Undergoing Radical and Modified Radical Head and Neck Surgery.
- LORHAN - Prospective, Longitudinal, Multi-Center, Descriptive Registry of Patients Receiving Therapy other than Surgical Resection Alone for Newly Diagnosed Head and Neck Carcinoma [Head and Neck Carcinoma Registry] Neck surgery facts: A retrospective study for different procedures.
- Neck surgery facts: A retrospective study for different procedures.
- Burn Center of Research Excellence (BCoRE)
- Surgical Management of Advanced Hidradenitis Suppurativa; a Single Center Experience.
- Retrospective review of 1) male and female differences in health among necrotizing soft tissue infection patients and abscess patients and 2) impact of obesity on NSTI outcomes.
- Impact of Antibiotics and Time from Admission to Surgery on Rates of Perforation in CT Confirmed Non-Perforated Appendicitis.
- Approaching Perforated Peptic Ulcer; a Multicenter Survey of Different Treatment Modalities.
- Biofilm - focused efforts on proving biofilm development in acute wounds as well as prevention and treatment.
- Clinical aspects of burns and wound management - smoke inhalation treatment and scoring, burn resuscitation, early management of necrotizing soft tissue infections, novel topical antimicrobial approaches to acute and chronic wounds, burn nutrition, management and assessment of severity in electrical burns, ventilator management and new technologies in supporting and weaning intubated burn patients.
- Pain - assessment and management especially in trauma, burns, and severe septic patients.
Enterra Therapy: An emerging treatment option for drug-refractory gastroparesis.
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa - basic and clinical assessment of infections in acute and chronic wounds in trauma and burn patients.
- Telehealth and Telemedicine - prehospital telecommunication to receiving facility, triage of trauma and burn patients between different levels of trauma centers.
- Optimizing communication skills in Interprofessional Healthcare Teams using simulation and education.
- Demographical review of oil field injuries seen at one Texas Level 1 Trauma Center.
- Aggressive Surgical Intervention as the Initial Treatment: The Texas Tech Experience.
- Evaluation of a new surgical technique for inguinal hernia repair.
- Use of Intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) for treatment of septic shock.
Tam Nguyen, MD
- Non contact vital sign monitor using antenna arrays.
- Threshold shift induced by middle ear suction instruments.
- Meta-analysis of tympanoplasty outcomes in immunosuppressed patients.
Biofilm related COM.
- Vestibular Implants surgical anatomy feasibility study.
- Wireless Biosensor System using SOC ( system on a chip): doctoral thesis.
- Prospective Studies of post operative stroke rates in radical and modified radical neck dissection: multi-institutions: closing.
- Fall dynamics and prevention using both accelerometer and gyroscope sensors.
Electro-Cochleagraphy in portable headset sensors: a pilot study.
- Biofilm-related wound infections (burn, chronic, necrotizing)
- Polymicrobial interactions during infection
- Interspecies and interkingdom chemical signaling
- Bacterial quorum sensing during infection
- Pre-clinical efficacy studies of experimental antimicrobials
- SAGES and ACS (Fundamentals of Laparoscopic Surgery Educational Program). 2008-2010.
- STEP Program - Use of endoscopy in surgical education.
- A Randomized, Single Blind Trial to Assess the Effectiveness of Maintaining Patency and Safety of the Vascular Wrap Paclitaxel-Eluting Mesh After Surgical Implantation with the Lifespan ePTFE Vascular Graft in the Upper Extremity for Hemodialysis Vascular Access.