Surgery Resident Benefits
Residency Program - Benefits
The stipends for interns and residents at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center are consistent with other medical centers in the Southwest and may undergo increased adjustments each year as appropriate. There are increments for each additional year of approved training.
Year 2019-20 stipends:
- PGY1: $55,536.56
- PGY2: $56,792.07
- PGY3: $58,585.46
- PGY4: $60,377.54
- PGY5: $62,169.63
- Insurance coverage to include: Malpractice, Health, Life, Dental, Vision and Disability.
- Vacation: PGY 1-3 -- 3 weeks per year
PGY 4-5 – 4 weeks per year
- Registration fees are paid for the following: ATLS, ABLS, FCCS, FLS, FES, PALS, ATLS Instructor Course and ACLS Recertification.
- Provided with two lab coats to include weekly laundering.
- Meal Card with additional discount in UMC cafeteria.
- Membership dues paid for ACS and AWS.
- Subscriptions paid for TrueLearn and Decker Surgery .
- Travel expenses paid when presenting at a conference.
- Free parking.
- Loupes provided at PGY 2 year
- TTUHSC Library which includes access to research databases, eBooks, online journals, Exam Master and Board Vitals
- Other textbooks and learning materials as deemed necessary
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.
Phone: (806) 743-3720
Fax: (806) 743-1475
Address: 3601 4th St.
Lubbock, TX 79430