Surgery Resident Benefits
Residency Program - Benefits
The stipends for interns and residents at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center are consistent with other medical centers in the Southwest and may undergo increased adjustments each year as appropriate. There are increments for each additional year of approved training.
Year 2017-18 stipends:
- PGY1: 53,275
- PGY2: 54,479
- PGY3: 56,200
- PGY4: 57,919
- PGY5: 59,638
- Insurance coverage to include: Malpractice, Health, Life, Dental, Vision and Disability.
- Vacation: PGY 1 -- 2 weeks per year
PGY 2-3 – 3 weeks per year
PGY 4-5 – 4 weeks per year
- Registration fees are paid for the following: ATLS, ABLS, FCCS, FLS, FES, PALS, ATLS Instructor Course and ACLS Recertification.
- Purchase of Loupes at PGY2 year.
- Provided with two lab coats to include weekly laundering.
- Meal Card with additional discount in UMC cafeteria.
- Subscription fees paid for online curriculum to include FSC and SCORE .
- TTUHSC Library which includes access to research databases, eBooks, online journals, Exam Master and Board Vitals.
- All expenses paid when presenting at a conference.
- Resident Membership Dues are paid for American College of Surgeons and Association of Women Surgeons.
- Free parking.
We're here to help. Contact us if you have questions.
Phone: (806) 743-3720
Fax: (806) 743-1475
Address: 3601 4th St.
Lubbock, TX 79430