Burn Fellowship Curriculum
EDUCATIONAL CONFERENCES AND CURRICULUM
Burn and Wound didactic lecture series.
- Bi-weekly lectures or small group sessions to be given by the teaching faculty to the fellow and the residents rotating on the burn and wound service. The topic, time and place will be decided upon by the program director.
General Surgery didactic lecture series.
- The fellow will get information on lectures appropriate for their training including lectures on burn, wound basic science and ICU management and are expected to participate in those lectures and small group sessions.
- Each rotation will have recommended reading material, book chapters, articles and other material and it is expected that the attending in charge of the rotation will assure that the fellow is studying appropriately.
Institutional Educational Conferences
- that have direct application to this specialty (vascular, basic science and trauma/ICU).
CONFERENCES & MEETINGS WITH MANDATORY PARTICIPATION BY THE BURN & WOUND FELLOW (Internal)
- Trauma and Burn Mortality and Morbidity Conference, monthly
- General Surgery Grand Rounds lecture series, weekly
- General Surgery Department M&M Conference, weekly
- Weekly multidisciplinary Trauma and Burn Conference,
- Monthly Journal Club.
- Multidisciplinary Wound Management meeting.
CONFERENCES & MEETINGS WITH MANDATORY PARTICIPATION BY THE BURN & WOUND FELLOW (External)
- The annual American Burn Association meeting (with financial support from the Department).
- The fellow will receive financial support to attend any meeting where they present scientific work.